I'm not sure I can count how many times Jimmy Fallon broke character during his tenure on SNL, and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon started off needing a bit of work... but... what can I say? He DID that work.
Fallon's iteration of Late Night not only comes equipped with Hip-Hop's greatest full-fledged band, The Roots, as its house band, but Fallon's own gleeful experimentation has already given us a number of instantly classic segments. 'Freestyling with The Roots' came along shortly after the show's initiation, showing us that it might just have some staying power after all. More recently, he has given us the Conan-worthy 'Head Swap' and, even more recently, he created 'Battle of the Instant Bands.' For this segment, Late Night rounds up members of the audience who are musicians, makes sure said audience members have never met before, makes two 'instant bands' out of said audience members, and gives them twenty minutes to prepare a minute-long song to be performed in competition.
Though the still-new segment has aired only twice thus far, it has managed to be consistently entertaining and surprisingly funny. It aired again last night, so check it out:
Part 1 and Part 2
Sword of D'Artagnan 2015 Streaming Vostfr HD
10 years ago
Fallon just jumped way ahead of all the other late night shows I don't watch. But this segment was amazing.
ReplyDelete