Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cosmogramma

May is going to be jammed with should-be-good music it seems. New records by Flying Lotus, The New Pornographers, and LCD Soundsystem will arrive in stores next month-- All of these artists have released certifiably great albums before, and they all have their soon-to-be-releases streaming somewhere in this world wide web. I already posted LCD's stream to this blog-- so check that out. That album sounds great, for sure.

The New Pornographers new one, Together, is streaming via NPR. Unfortunately, a listen of this album has only left me with a 'meh' sort of feeling. It's not bad, but it isn't that exciting... If you absolutely have to satiate your New Pornographer's thirst, then, by all means, check it out. I wouldn't want to dissuade you. I am still excited by their inclusion of Annie Clark (of St. Vincent) and the Dap Kings horn section.

However, I think the record I'm most excited about is Flying Lotus! His entire new album, Cosmogramma, is streaming on his Myspace page. To me, it seems to be on par with his excellent prior release, Los Angeles. Actually, it may be even more compulsively listenable then that release! If you don't know about FlyLo, expect to hear beats like you've never heard before.
Production-heads (like myself) should definitely check his music out.
People who like video game soundtracks should definitely check his music out.
People who alter their minds with various substances should definitely check his music out.
People who put on dance parties and light shows should definitely check his music out.
You
should definitely check his music out.

No comments:

Post a Comment