I made a video for one of my garage rock songs called 'Let's Have a Dance Party.' The video revolves around a video game-characterized version of... well... me. I tried sticking tons of pop-culture references in this one (you should know just from this blog that it's sort of my thing) so bonus points to whomever can guess the most of them:
I also found thisvideo stuck on Vimeo that I find completely hilarious, and it features a really cool mashup of Justice and (astonishingly) Lenny Kravitz. So enjoy that too! Check out the actors dressed like the lead characters from Back to the Future!
oh never mind, i misread you... i didnt see your closing link to the Justice thing. i thought you meant it in the sense of your annihilation of the Bright Eyes people being justice.. which it is.
Ha! That would have been a hilarious basis for a 'justice' tag-- but I was only referring to the link.
As for some other references in the video, there are some really basic allusions to Mario and Megaman games. And fighting games like "Mortal Combat" and "Killer Instinct" with the character select screen and the "Victory" screen at the end. I also referenced Zelda games with the 'legendary weapon' concept. And the there is a reference to the title and cover of T. Rex's "Electric Warrior" album. I stuck Beastie Boys in there because I love them. And... I think that might be it... Vulcan, obviously, is a Birmingham landmark.
I didn't get the flying around the world from Superman... but it is in that movie. Maybe I did that subconciously.
hahahahaha, love the Justice tag
ReplyDeleteall i picked up reference-wise was Pokemon & the big Lebowski-- question: was the flying around the world thing from Superman? just a guess..
oh never mind, i misread you... i didnt see your closing link to the Justice thing. i thought you meant it in the sense of your annihilation of the Bright Eyes people being justice.. which it is.
ReplyDeleteHa! That would have been a hilarious basis for a 'justice' tag-- but I was only referring to the link.
ReplyDeleteAs for some other references in the video, there are some really basic allusions to Mario and Megaman games. And fighting games like "Mortal Combat" and "Killer Instinct" with the character select screen and the "Victory" screen at the end. I also referenced Zelda games with the 'legendary weapon' concept. And the there is a reference to the title and cover of T. Rex's "Electric Warrior" album. I stuck Beastie Boys in there because I love them. And... I think that might be it... Vulcan, obviously, is a Birmingham landmark.
I didn't get the flying around the world from Superman... but it is in that movie. Maybe I did that subconciously.