Monday, February 8, 2010

Some B'ham Music I DO Like

Sometimes I just feel like writing. That's the point of a blog from what I understand-- just getting your words out there. Not that I suspect I have many readers, but if you read my last post you probably became confused and/or offended as I provided some examples of music I don't like.

Well...

I never intended to be one of those angry bloggers. You know those kind. The kind that ramble like they think it will accomplish something... Turns out we all do that. So, since my last post was dedicated to tearing down (that's you, Wild Sweet Orange), allow me to spend this post building up. In this probably-mislabeled 'Magic City' of Birmingham, there are some artists that I like.

There's Greg Summerlin. The man makes some incredible, really infectious pop-rock and he deserves more listeners. About a half of a year ago I watched a few episodes of Flight of the Conchords with him-- and some mutual friends-- and he's a super nice guy. He's a part of this record label, Superphonic Records, and most of his label mates are pretty good too.

That's that. Simply put, I felt like writing-- there are plenty of things I want to moan about, but I might leave the moodiness for short stories or scripts or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment