I don't typically make resolutions each year, but this year changes that: I need to update this blog more often! I'll try to make that happen-- I've had a creative block the last few months (at least as far as writing and making videos goes). I do think I've been listening to and playing more music than ever lately. Now that it's Winter I've been listening mainly to rock; reminiscing about the alt-rock music that I grew up on, while also listening to some older guitar-based music that I missed out on. I was born in '86, so I was probably still getting used to solid food around the time the whole 'shoegaze' movement took place.
This renewed rock interest will also lead to my quest for an electric guitar soon. Or... I suspect it will be soon. They're expensive. On the other hand, maybe I will be lucky and a mysterious lady will rise out of a lake and give me one... and make me a king... Anyway, I am looking at the Fender Jazzmaster. It seems to be the alternative noisemaker's guitar of choice.
Meanwhile, I've tracked down some late 80's/early 90's videos that, even today, I find very cool by Lush, Cocteau Twins, and, of course, My Bloody Valentine. Admittedly, that Cocteau Twins video is the least cool, but I do miss those textured overlays in music videos. However, I'll make it up to you-- I'm going to throw in another video by MBV for good measure, because this one is pretty awesome. These bands are now defunct (although MBValentine is rumoured to be reunited and working on new material... we'll see...) but their sounds seem to be coming back like so many things in pop culture ultimately do.
Since my resolution is to get to work on this blog, I will try to talk about My Bloody Valentine's album Loveless in a post sometime this week.
Mental note.
Sword of D'Artagnan 2015 Streaming Vostfr HD
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment